Introducing… Alfie Fuller
Pics TIPS Proving We Should All Be Wearing Sequins Year-Round
It’s not hard to figure out why we love actress and fashionista, Alfie Fuller.
Between her hair and her skin and her instagram and her hair and her killer style and her hair … Well you get it. She’s pretty much winning at life.
Lucky for us, she’s agreed to let us in on a few of her secrets. You know. Like … remaining incredibly poised and glam at all times … like toilet or theatre, bar or ballet, C-suite or C-store searching for the last pint of Ben & Jerry’s.
Or something close to that. Anyways … you know how every holiday season, you pick up or pass over like 6 sequin pieces … or patent leather pieces … or glittery bedazzled pieces … or something that screams “PLEASE! TAKE ME! Wear me to a fancy holiday party
you’ll never get an invite to …and then never wear me again!” Come on … you know.
Well Alfie’s shared a few absolutely divine looks with us … just for you … so you can end that “NO! I’ll never be fabulous enough to wear this outside of my house” feeling forever!
**And what has she taught us?**
– Never be afraid of **mixing and matching**. Silver and gold? It’s not just your [granny’s favorite gospel song](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KwnJDE5fjY).
– When in doubt, **DO DENIM**. It works. It tones down absolutely any amount of glam you add to it. It says, “Yea … I put thought into this outfit. But not too much. Heck yea, I’m doing a lot. But not the most.”
– Sometimes, more is more. Actually, all the time. Never be afraid to take a shiny textured top and pair it with your favorite printed pant. Same color palette? All good. Not sure? Just go black.
We’d make a joke about never having to go back here … but … It will not fail you.
– Layer. Layer. Layer. Got a fancy bottom? Tone it down with a couple loose-fitting tops. Shining bright like a diamond above the waist? Consider a skirt and opaque tights below.
– Whatever you do, do you. Whether you go full on glam goddess, or you keep it as simple as a sequin headband … just make sure your holiday pieces scream “GOOD GAWD, I’M FINE!” and not “GOOD LORD, I wish I wasn’t wearing my great aunt’s sapphire blue sequin sweat set.”
Work it out. Don’t let it work you.
And while you’re waiting for Alfie to come back around and show you more of her killer style … check out the pilot of her series, “Alfie Deals With F*cking Life.”
look good. live great.,